NAPA Welcomes Brandwein as President
NASHVILLE, TN – Samuel (Sam) Brandwein, QPA, CFP, CIMA, CRPS, was named president of the National Association of Plan Advisors at the 2016 NAPA 401(k) Summit in Nashville April 18. He will serve as president for 2016-2017.
Brandwein, a Vice President and 401(k) Consulting Director with Morgan Stanley, has been in the investment industry since 1986. He focuses his efforts primarily on investment manager search/evaluation, portfolio construction, and consulting with plan sponsors regarding the overall operation of their retirement plans. He is an original member of the NAPA Leadership Council.
Brandwein holds both the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) designations, and is a credentialed member of ASPPA, having earned their Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA) designation.
Brandwein acknowledged the contributions and accomplishments of Joseph F. DeNoyior, AIF, C(k)P, CRPS, NAPA’s 2015-2016 president, presenting his predecessor with a special award thanking him for his role in the creation of NAPA and for guiding the organization through its fourth year of unprecedented growth and success.
Other changes on the NAPA Leadership Council (LC) for 2016-2017 include:
- Former vice president Paul D’Aiutolo of UBS Institutional Consulting Group, Rochester, N.Y., is this year’s president-elect;
- Jeff Acheson, CPFA, Corporate and Endowment Solutions, Powell, Ohio, is this year’s vice president;
- DeNoyior replaces 2014-2015 NAPA president Steven (Steve) Dimitriou, AIF, AAMS, PRP, as ex officio member;
- Alex Assaley, AFS 401(k) Retirement Services, Bethesda, Md., joins the LC as an at-large member;
- Pat Wenzel, Merrill Lynch, Houston, Texas, joins the LC as an at-large member; and
- Yaqub Ahmed, Franklin Templeton Investments, St. Petersburg, Fla., joins the LC as one of three Firm Partner representatives, replacing Gary Kleinschmidt of Legg Mason
About the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA)
The National Association of Plan Advisors was created by and for retirement plan advisors. Membership is also open to other retirement industry professionals who support the interests of plan advisors. NAPA is the only advocacy group exclusively focused on the issues that matter to retirement plan advisors. More information about NAPA is available at napa-net.org. Additional details about the 2016 NAPA 401(k) Summit are available at http://napasummit.org/
Media Contact: Nevin E. Adams, JD, Chief Content Officer, (703) 516-9300 Ext. 114, firstname.lastname@example.org